A Day at Martha's Vineyard Postponed 8/1
August 1, 2020
6:45 am - 8:00 pm
With the weather forecast looking stormy, we have postponed this trip to Saturday August 1st! Registration is open!
Update: This trip is confirmed to go as scheduled as of 6/10. Our typical booking & cancellation policy is in effect!
The day is yours to explore the Island of Martha’s Vineyard on Saturday, July 11th! We will take the 9:30 am ferry from Woods Hole to Oak Bluffs, M.V. arriving at approx 10:20 am. We will take the return ferry at 5:20 pm, arriving back at Woods Hole approx. 6:10 pm. We highly recommend planning your day and making reservations for tours in advance to best enjoy your time on the island! Enjoy the history and charm of the “gingerbread” houses located in Oak Bluffs, within walking distance of the ferry dock. View the majestic red clay Aquinnah Cliffs, visit Edgartown, a seaside village of boutique shopping, dining and pristine harbor view. Soak up the sun and salty air on world-class beaches and extensive network of bike trails. Swim, surf, ski, sail, kayak or fish Vineyard Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. Rent a moped or bicycle to tour the island yourself. The possibilities are endless and completely up to you, enjoy this leisure day while surrounded by picturesque Martha’s Vineyard.
We have a 10 person van reserved for a 3 hour guided sightseeing tour of the full island! This is an optional addition for the first 10 interested guests. A full description is located below.
6:45 am Check in at Foxy Travel, 7:15 am Departs, 8:00 pm Approx Return
Payment Due In Full
Trip Includes: Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation, A Foxy Escort, Roundtrip Ferry Ticket. *Optional Addition: 3 Hour Guided Van Tour
Guided Sight Seeing Full Island Van Tour Information – SOLD OUT
Optional Addition: $45 per person – Includes guide gratuity
10:30 am – 1:30 pm
10 people max
The van will be waiting at the ferry dock. The driver will have a sign for Foxy Travel. Tour ends back at the ferry dock. You then have the rest of the afternoon to yourselves for exploring and lunch.
The following tour description comes directly from Martha’s Vineyard Transit Tours:
This 3 hour tour will introduce you to our 100 square mile island by giving you the history, both past and present of our 6 unique towns! Our tour guides are all long time island characters who love sharing their love of the island with you!
You will learn about and see:
- Oak Bluffs – a Victorian Seaside Resort, Gingerbread Houses, the Flying Horse Carousel
- Edgartown – Greek revival houses, Old Whaling Church, Harbor Lighthouse, Harborview Hotel
- Vineyard Haven – Year round port since the mid 1600’s, busy harbor town
- Drive through the scenic up island countryside, passing through the historic farming towns of West Tisbury and Chilmark, making a 15 minute stop in Menemsha (an idyllic fishing village) for the chance to stretch your legs or sample some “Clam Chowda”.
- Aquinnah Cliffs (Gay Head) to see the breathtaking multi colored clay cliffs and its impressive lighthouse. 15 minutes stop to take pictures.
- Scenic return drive back seeing centuries old stone walls, views of the Atlantic shoreline, grazing livestock, rolling hills, historic homesteads and drive over the bridge used in the movie Jaws.